Skip to main content

Parent/Teacher Conference: Dear _____,

Bitmoji ImageDear __________,

My current grade for Language Arts is __________.  I earned this grade because __________.  In the future for Language Arts I plan on __________.  So far the hardest part for me in Language Arts is __________.  I think I do  __________ the best in Language Arts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avoiding Plagiarism by SUMMARIZING

1)  List as many steps to avoid plagiarism by summarizing as you can remember. 2)  Summarize the following paragraph: I n the movies, quicksand looks pretty scary, but in real-life it is rarely more than a few feet deep.  If you are ever caught in a pool of quicksand, don’t panic and kick around.  The best thing you can do is to lay back with your arms spread.  Then you will float on top of the sand instead of being sucked down. by Sandy Sanderson; New York Times

Impact of Setting

Using the ACE method we learned about in class, write an 8th-grade quality response to the following blog prompt: Thinking about what we learned recently in your opinion, how can changing the setting of a story impact its characters or the actions and events in the story?  

Compound vs. Complex Sentences

1)  what is a:      compound sentence?     2)  What type of conjunctions are used in compound sentences? 3)  Give me 4 examples. 4) Write an example of a compound sentence. 5)  what is a:      complex sentence?     6)  What type of conjunctions are used in complex sentences? 7)  Give me 4 examples. 8) Write an example of a complex sentence.